I am a human that likes to learn, teach, and create.
I'm currently CTO at Woebot, where we're creating a friendly chatbot that teaches Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques to help you regulate your mood and energy levels better.
In my past lives, I've...
- Attended a 4 month Tibetan Buddhism retreat to learn techniques for relaxation, meditation, and emotional transformation.
- Created the computing curriculum for Khan Academy and coded the platform to deliver it.
- Founded the GirlDevelopIt SF chapter and created much of its CC-licensed curriculum.
- Written oodles of code for Coursera, as its 2nd frontend engineer.
- Worked in both Google Mountain View & Google Australia, doing developer relations for the Maps API and Wave APIs.
- Been a bachelors & masters student in the USC Computer Science Department, with minors in 3d Animation + Linguistics.
- If you would like me to speak at an event, please know that I say no to most requests, as I quite enjoy being at home with my cats and my code. I prefer local events, events with younger audiences, and events where my partner is paid to attend with me.
- If you'd like to report a bug or a feature request with the Khan Academy platform, please use KA ZenDesk.
If you're still keen on sending me a message after reading that, go for it! You can use this form.