I am a human that likes to learn, teach, and create.
I'm currently taking life more slowly. I spend most days either on home improvement projects (more on bug fixes than feature requests!) and learning new maker skills from TechShop to help me accomplish those projects.
In my past lives, I've...
- Attended a 4 month Tibetan Buddhism retreat to learn techniques for relaxation, meditation, and emotional transformation.
- Founded a company with my partner that puts on events in the bay area to bring people together for genuine fun and deep connection.
- Created the computing curriculum for Khan Academy and coded the platform to deliver it.
- Founded the GirlDevelopIt SF chapter and created much of its CC-licensed curriculum.
- Written oodles of code for Coursera, as its 2nd frontend engineer.
- Worked in both Google Mountain View & Google Australia, doing developer relations for the Maps API and Wave APIs.
- Been a bachelors & masters student in the USC Computer Science Department, with minors in 3d Animation + Linguistics.
- If you'd like to report a bug or a feature request with the Khan Academy platform,
please use ZenDesk,
since I am no longer a KA engineer.
- If you would like me to speak at an event, please keep in mind that I do not have an employer now that can pay for travel/time off, so I have to say no to most requests. I'm most likely to speak at local events, particularly to younger audiences.
If you're still keen on sending me a message after reading all that, go for it! You can use this form.