who am I?
I am a human that likes to learn, teach, and create.
In my past lives, I've...
- Worked for Khan Academy, creating the computing curriculum and improving the live coding environment.
- Started up the engineering team at Woebot, a friendly chatbot that teaches Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques to help regulate your moods.
- Attended a 4 month Tibetan Buddhism retreat to learn techniques for relaxation, meditation, and emotional transformation.
- Founded the GirlDevelopIt SF chapter and created much of its CC-licensed curriculum.
- Written oodles of code for Coursera, as its 2nd frontend engineer.
- Worked in both Google Mountain View & Google Australia, doing developer relations for the Maps API and Wave APIs.
- Been a bachelors & masters student in the USC Computer Science Department, with minors in 3d Animation + Linguistics.
want to contact me?
- If you would like me to speak at a conference, please know that I say no to most requests, as I have a young daughter and a full-time job. I'm most likely to say yes to local events, events with younger audiences, and events where my partner is paid to attend with me.
- If you'd like to report a bug or a feature request with the Khan Academy platform,
please use KA ZenDesk.
If you're still keen on sending me a message after reading that, go for it! My gmail address is exactly what you'd expect it to be 😊.
where am I on the web?