I am a human that likes to learn, teach, and create.
I am currently a Principal Cloud Advocate at Microsoft, focusing on the ways that developers can use Python with Azure services (Web Apps, Functions, etc).
In my past lives, I've...
- Lectured at UC Berkeley, teaching CS61A, CS302, and other CS classes.
- Worked for Khan Academy, creating the computing curriculum and improving the live coding environment.
- Started up the engineering team at Woebot, a friendly chatbot that teaches Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques to help regulate your moods.
- Attended a 4 month Tibetan Buddhism retreat to learn techniques for relaxation, meditation, and emotional transformation.
- Founded the GirlDevelopIt SF chapter and created much of its CC-licensed curriculum.
- Written oodles of code for Coursera, as its 2nd frontend engineer.
- Worked in both Google Mountain View & Google Australia, doing developer relations for the Maps API and Wave APIs.
- Graduated from USC with a bachelors & masters in Computer Science, with minors in 3d Animation and Linguistics.
Please know the following:
- My time is limited since I have a nursing baby, a toddler, and a full-time job. Alas, I will need to say "No" to most requests of my time that aren't related to my family or work.
- In terms of conferences and meetups, I may be available for local events (bay area) or virtual events. I have more availability during the workday (when I have childcare) than evenings/weekends. I'm the most interested in events that relate to Python or Microsoft Azure, given my current job.
- If you'd like to report a bug or a feature request with the Khan Academy coding platform,
please use KA ZenDesk.
If you're still keen on sending me a message after reading that, go for it! My gmail address is exactly what you'd expect it to be 😊.